Notice for Pre-Kindergarten Enrollment Applications
GCS has an exciting update! Moving forward, GCS Pre-Kindergarten Enrollment Applications will now be submitted on their own site.
Please click HERE to be taken to the new site!
Important If you have already submitted a 2023-2024 Pre-K Application, you do not need to submit another one. To review or upload documents to an account created on the old Pre-K Application Portal, click "OK" and log in to your account.
Please reach out to the GCS Pre-K Team with any questions:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 704-866-6124
Welcome to Gaston County Schools Family Dashboard for Student Enrollment, Assignment, Magnet Schools, and Programs.
All requests will be checked for accuracy. Any falsification of information may result in your request not being processed and/or denied.
*Please also note that this website is optimized for IE 10.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
How to Videos:
Available for 2023-2024 School Year
Kindergarten - New Student Enrollment 2023-2024
Elementary School - New Student Enrollment 2023-2024
Available for 2022-2023 School Year
Kindergarten - New Student Enrollment 2022-2023
This is an official application. The information contained on this online application should be considered private.
- Transportation is NOT provided with the approval of a student reassignment, magnet, and/or program discretionary admission.
- A student reassignment may be revoked for excessive absences or tardies, persistent inappropriate behavior, or if it is determined the reassignment was granted or renewed based on false information submitted by the parent.
- There is NO guarantee of approval. From time to time some schools are "closed" to new students or discretionary admissions for capacity reasons. Additionally, your request will be denied if the school being sought does not contain the program necessary to meet your child's needs.
- You will receive emails from email@example.com to notify you of the status of your order. It is important you read those emails carefully as additional information may be required to process your request.
Important If you do not know your Zoned School of Attendance, please contact Gaston County Schools for additional information.
Information for Enrollment and Assignment:
This is an official enrollment packet. The information contained in this online enrollment packet should be considered private.
Our office staff is pleased to serve parents wishing to enroll their child in Gaston County Schools. To enroll a student, you must be the biological parent or court-ordered guardian.
We are now completing enrollment documents online. This process will take approximately 20-25 minutes. To complete the online enrollment packet we will ask you to upload required documentation. Please gather all required documentation prior to starting the packet completion process. You will not be able to complete your enrollment packet without first uploading required documentation. You will need the following for EACH child you wish to enroll:
- Scanned copies of 'Proof of Age', 'Proof of Birthdate', 'Proof of Parentage' (ex. certiifed Birth Certificate)
- Scanned copies of Parent / Legal Guardian's 'Valid Photo ID' (ex. driver license, state identification, passport, or military ID)
- Scanned copies of TWO (2) proofs of current address received within the last 30 days to verify residence (ex. power bill, gas bill, water bill, cable bill, landline phone bill and / or lease, rent, or mortgage records).
*If the parents(s) or court-ordered guardian reside with another person who is the homeowner/lessee, you will need to meet together (the parent and the homeowner) with the Student Assignment Office staff to complete a Residency Affidavit document. The homeowner / lessee will need to provide two proofs of address.
Please Note If this is your child's first time enrolling in a North Carolina Public School we will also require: Scanned copies of 'Immunization Record and Health assessment (completed on or after August 23, 2021) by a certified health care professional. Available Here' for first time enrollment in North Carolina public schools.
Please Note If your child was previously enrolled in another school district, we will also require: Withdrawal form from previous school (middle and high school). Withdrawal form from previous school (middle and high school)
School Virtual Tours:
You can get to know many of our schools online. Please view one of our virtual tours from the comfort of your home.
Ashbrook High School
Belmont Central Elementary
Bessemer City Central Elementary
Bessemer City High
Bessemer City Middle
Bessemer City Primary
Catawba Heights Elementary
Chapel Grove Elementary
East Gaston High
Gardner Park Elementary
Gaston County Virtual Academy
Gaston Early College
H.H. Beam Elementary
Hawks Nest STEAM Academy
Highland School of Technology
Hunter Huss High
John Chavis Middle
Mount Holly Middle
New Hope Elementary
North Belmont Elementary
North Gaston High
Pleasant Ridge Elementary
South Point High
Stuart W. Cramer High
W.A. Bess Elementary
W.B. Beam Intermediate
W.C. Friday Middle
Webb Street School
York Chester Middle
We are sorry...
There is no tour or infographic available at this time for this school. Please check back...
Gaston County Schools
1 Learning Place
Gastonia, NC 28052
For Pre-K Support Services, Contact:
3950 W Franklin Blvd
Gastonia, NC 28052
For Technical Support Contact:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM